Here are some helpful tips to maintain a healthy diet:
- Eat an Adequate Diet–a diet that provides enough energy, nutrients, and fiber to maintain a person’s health.
- Eat in Moderation– we’ve all heard the saying, “everything in moderation.” So don’t consume a lot of sugary or high fat foods to much.
- Eat a Balanced Diet– Designing a healthy diet is a balancing act in itself. A person would not want to eat too much dairy and not enough meat for protein purposes. So that is why I say it is a balancing act.
- Eat a variety of Foods– Now the food guide pyramid is just a helpful tool to assist you in maintaining a healthy diet, but, it lacks some variety. For example a person should eat every color of the rainbow.
- Choose Foods in High Nutrition Density– eating food they give the highest amount of nutrients for the least amount of energy (or calories). For example, three Oreo cookies provide the same number of calories as a medium banana and one half cup of fresh blackberries.
- Compare Your Diet to the Food Guide Pyramid– to analyze and proceed planning your diet go to: www.usda.gov/cnpp, see if you have a healthy diet.
Please follow and like us: